home tutorials features parties custom orders

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tumble Tee Pattern Test

My friend, Rachael, from Imagine Gnats has been busy lately developing a couple of children's clothing patterns.  You may have already seen her Roly-Poly Pinafore pattern that was released last month and has been all over the blogosphere lately.  In fact, I'll be sharing my version of the Roly-Poly Pinafore on Thursday as part of her pattern tour.

But the Roly-Poly Pinafore is not the pattern I'm here to talk to you about today.  Rachael asked me to pattern test her latest creation called the Tumble Tee.  It's a colorblock t-shirt style dress or top pattern that is amazingly simple and fast to make.


I chose to test the t-shirt out for Ella in a size 4T.  It's very important to check the sizing charts of every pattern you make against your child's actual measurements.  You see, I would normally have gone with a 5T for Ella because that is what she has been wearing for a while now in most store bought as well as homemade clothing, but according to the chest and height chart, Ella was definitely a 4T for the Tumble Tee pattern.

The top literally took 30 minutes to sew, and the fit is fantastic!  I just love the split front with the horizontal stripes on one side and the vertical stripes on the other.  And with these little cap sleeves, this top reminds me of a mini-version of the Casual Lady top and dress I've made for myself!



Miss Ella was sick all last week when I tested the Tumble Top pattern, so there aren't too many pictures of her modeling this lovely tee.  I'll definitely be making more for her to wear this summer, so I promise to show those off when she is feeling better.

Stay tuned to Imagine Gnats for news of the Tumble Tee Pattern release date!  You will not want to miss it!

UPDATE:  The Tumble Tee Pattern is now available for sale here.

13 comments:

  1. It looks great -nice and simple...and I like how you swapped your stripes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite part, too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm liking the split front too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have now been searching through my knit stash for other stripes that I can use to make her another one of these shirts (and maybe me one, too)! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. that is super darling, love teh mixed stripes and I can imagine it colorblocked too! So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress version has the back skirt portion that can be color blocked. I need to get some knits that will mix and match and give it a try, too. I tell you what though. This girl as way too many clothes!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm wondering why I didn't think of it on my own!

      Delete
  5. That's adorable! Hope she's feeling well now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristy. She is doing much better now that she's on day 4 of the antibiotic for her ear infection!

      Delete
  6. I love this! And I found that I had to make a smaller size in the tumble tee as well. The stripes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously love this tee! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love this in stripes! You are so right about checking the measurements. I recently bought a PDF pattern without the measurements listed and just went on what my boys were currently wearing and it was HUGE on them, the elastic on the waist of the shorts pattern was completely unstretched. Luckily it was bigger and not smaller, but you never know!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!